Vol. 1 • No. 5 • May 2018
Summer at the Academy
Summer is just around the corner! Since consistency is key to learning, the Academy will continue to serve all students during the summer months.
Various activities are planned such as our annual Summer Recital in July, our Summer Music Camps, and the continuation of our Themed Months.
Benefits of Continuing Lessons Through the Summer
1. Students won’t forget or lose what they have worked so hard to learn. Often, when students return after having a summer break from lessons, they quickly become discouraged and frustrated because a lot of their hard-earned work was lost due to not practicing or maintaining growth.
2. The Academy is flexible when it comes to scheduling through the summer. We understand all the busy scheduling of summer events so if you cannot make it to your current time-slot during the summer, we will do our best to work with you.
3. Once Fall comes around, lessons are first come first serve. All students continuing lessons through the summer months have priority for the Fall scheduling with their same teacher. Please note: with the Academy growing it will be difficult to guarantee certain time slots with certain teachers for returning students in the Fall.
4. We will offer two Masterclasses a month during the Summer to make-up any missed lessons so everyone has a chance to keep the momentum going!
SUMMER MUSIC CAMPS
Total immersion into a subject, with a teacher and a group of friends, is the quickest way to learn anything! The Academy is offering two summer music camps this year! Click here for more information and/or to register. (Summer camp includes beginning lessons on the drums, piano, guitar & accordion.)
Let’s Have Some Fun!
Upcoming Themed Month
The next Themed Month will begin the first week of June. This time around the theme will be Wild West. Don’t be surprised if you see bandanas, cowboy boots, and cowboy hats when you come to your lesson!
Also, don’t be afraid to come dressed up according to the theme at any time during the month.
The ‘Read Your Newsletter’ Contest
Every month you’ll have a chance to win a fun prize just for reading the newsletter! This month answer this question at the front desk.
What day is the Summer Recital?
Welcome to Our New Students!
Let’s Learn Something New
Simple Life Hacks
1. For those who have kids, use a small tent for a sandpit. It provides shade on sunny days, can be closed up from animals and other critters and it is protected from any rainy weather.
2. When slicing a loaf of bread, turn the loaf upside down and cut it on the soft side. This prevents the bread from being squished and is easier to cut.
Did You Know?
1. Just like human’s fingerprints, dog nose prints are unique and can be used to identify them.
2. A bear has 42 teeth.
3. The most commonly used letter in the alphabet is E.
Joke Of The Month
What do cows read?
Student of the Month
What instrument(s) do you play? I play the accordion!
Why did you choose to play this particular instrument? Two reasons. First, it’s one of the few instruments my husband doesn’t play! But more importantly I knew it would be a challenge.
What is your favorite song you’ve learned so far? My favorite song that I’ve learned so far is Dark Eyes. I love the melody and can’t wait to learn the more advanced version.
What is the coolest thing you’ve learned in your lessons during the past three months? I’ve had a lot of “a-ha!” moments, I’m most excited about learning to read music. It’s like cracking a secret code — I love it!
Do you have any performances coming up? I’m playing both individually and with our accordion orchestra Fresh Squeeze at the summer recital.
What is your hobby, other than music? I love to bike, quilt, read, hike and garden.
What is your favorite food? Fried chicken — unfortunately.
Every month the students of Able To Play Music Academy have the opportunity
of being featured as Student of the Month by logging the most practice days.
Pet of the Month
Tulip is a nine-month old Great Dane. She has grayish-blackish coloring. Although she is a puppy, she is still bigger than the other dogs! She loves attention and only likes to be outside if there is someone to play with her.
—Pet of Aaron G.
Want your pet featured? Send us an email at email@example.com with photos of your pet and your favorite thing about them.
We LOVE Referrals!
We love them so much we’ll give you and a friend a FREE lesson!
Refer a friend to Able To Play Music Academy and give them this newsletter which will pay for their first lesson! ($25.00 value)
Put your name here: __________________________________________ to get a $25 lesson credit the month after your friend enrolls in lessons.
Valid for 30 days after 5/16/2018.
Lessons Available at
Able To Play Music Academy
Piano Accordion Lessons
Chromatic Accordion Lessons
Classical Guitar Lessons
Electric Guitar Lessons
Summer Recital 2018
Saturday, July 28th, 2018
Talk to your teacher to sign-up!